Golearners Special ICT Trial Questions For 2022 BECE Candidates – August 2022
Golearners Special ICT Trial Questions For 2022 BECE Candidates – August 2022
Please kindly Share this Article on WhatsApp, Facebook and other Social Media Platform Using the Button Below. Thanks For Sharing🙏
As you prepare to write your 2022 BECE examination, you are advised to revisit some trial questions and previous years’ questions. This is to help you in your preparation for the final examination.
We have given out some of the trial questions for your studies in our previous updates. In this article, we have compiled some trial questions that are likely to appear in your final year examination.
You can try your hands on them if you are determined to pass your 2022 BECE examination. Please note that these questions were selected from the previous waec ICT past questions, so you should treat them as past questions and solve them by yourself.
You can let us know in the comment below if you need help with some of the questions.
Golearners Special ICT Trial Questions For 2022 BECE Candidates – May 2022
Question One (1)
(a) State five ways in which Laptop Can be useful to students as Educational ICT Tool.
(b) List 4 Benefits of Using PowerPoint software in the classroom.
(c) What are the 5 benefits of using E-Mail?
(d) Ways students can misuse smartphones.
Question Two (2)
(a) State three benefits of integrating ICT tools into Education.
(i) Difference between a workbook and a worksheet.
(ii) Highlight the steps involve n creating a new workbook.
(c) Give three ways to save information from a webpage for later access.
(d) State two benefits of saving text from a webpage in a word document.
Question Two (3)
(a) What is the meaning of the World Wide Web?
(ii) Explain how information can be accessed from the web.
(b) What is the meaning of Video Conference?
(ii) State five benefits of video conferencing.
(c) State 5 characteristics of a secure Email Password.
Question Four (4)
(a) Describe the following word processing features.
(ii) Spelling and Grammar.
(b) List three Disadvantages of Email.
(c) Highlight Steps involved in obtaining information from the Internet.
(d) Explain how one can rectify an excel formula.
Question Five (5)
(a) Computers are very powerful devices. Give four (4) reasons to support the statement above.
(b) Enumerate four (4) reasons why computers should be used in education.
(c) List four (4) main stages of Information Processing Cycle (IPC).
(i) Computer virus are more harmful to computers. Give four (4) reasons to support this assertion.
(ii) Define the following terms;
- Storage medium.
- Storage device.
Question Six (6)
(a) Copy and complete the table below.
|COMPUTER KEYBOARD COMMAND||COMPUTER KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS|
|Ctrl + A|
|Close all current programs|
|Ctrl + N|
|Ctrl + V|
|COMPUTER KEYBOARD SYMBOLS||MEANING|
(b) Define the following terms.
(c) Give two (2) differences between a file and a folder.
(d) State the meaning of the following computer acronyms:
Answers to the Above Questions
(a) WAYS A LAPTOP CAN BE USEFUL TO A STUDENT AS AN EDUCATIONAL ICT TOOL
- Storing and organizing information
- Writing reports
- Researching information on the internet
- Preparing project presentations.
- Watching educational videos
- Collaborating with other students online
- Sending and receiving information
(b) BENEFITS OF USING POWERPOINT SOFTWARE IN THE CLASSROOM
- Helps in the use of images, animations, videos etc. for teaching and learning which helps students remember information for a long time.
- Helps to project visuals that would otherwise be difficult to bring to class.
- Helps to bullet major points thereby encouraging effective teaching and learning in the classroom.
(c) BENEFITS OF USING E-MAIL
- Messages can be accessed from anywhere on the internet
- Files can be sent along with messages
- It’s quick and easy to use
- A single message can be sent to multiple recipients
- Allow sending of multimedia messages e.g. text, audio, video, images
- Messages can be forwarded to another recipient upon receipt.
- One can save money since it is inexpensive.
(d) WAYS STUDENTS CAN MISUSE SMART PHONES
- They may become addicted
- Accessing inappropriate content e.g. pornographic materials
- It may reduce physical activity among students
- Some may use it for fraudulent activities
(a) BENEFITS OF INTEGRATING ICT TOOLS INTO EDUCATION
- Motivates students
- Improves engagement and understanding
- Encourages individual learning
- Improves skills development
- Improves knowledge retention
- Encourages collaboration
(b)(i) DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WORKBOOK AND A WORKSHEET
A worksheet is a single set of where data is being entered while a workbook is an entity
where multiple worksheets can be added to access the data.
(ii) STEPS TO CREATE A NEW WORKBOOK
- Click on the start button
- Click on All Programs
- Click on Microsoft Office
- Click on Excel
(c) WAYS TO SAVE INFORMATION FROM A WEB PAGE FOR LATER ACCESS
- Using the browser menu to save the page using the Save As command
- Copying and pasting the web page into a word processing application and saving it as a document.
- Bookmarking the web page using the browser menu.
(d) BENEFITS OF SAVING TEXT FROM A WEB PAGE IN A WORD DOCUMENT
- Allows formatting the text with more visually appealing features.
- Allows the editing of the text.
- Allows the text to be accessed later even without an internet connection.
(a) (i) MEANING OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB
The World Wide Web—commonly referred to as WWW, W3, or the Web—is an interconnected system of public webpages accessible through the Internet.
(ii) HOW INFORMATION CAN BE ACCESSED FROM THE WEB
- Install a web browser on the computer
- Launch the web browser
- In the address bar of the browser type the web address www.ghanaweb.com
- Click on the hyperlink of any news article of interest.
(b)(i) MEANING OF VIDEO CONFERENCE
A video conference is a live, visual connection between two or more people residing in different locations.
(ii) BENEFITS OF VIDEO CONFERENCING
- It increases productivity
- It saves money
- It saves time
- Many people can share information at the same time.
(c) CHARACTERISTICS OF SECURE EMAIL PASSWORDS
- Is long, at least 8 characters.
- A mixture of both uppercase and lowercase letters
- A mixture of letters and numbers
- Does not include names and dictionary words
- Is not personalized
- Is not made up of patterns and predictable formulas
- Is unique for all accounts
(a) DESCRIPTION OF WORD FEATURES
(i) RULE: A feature in Word used to see and set tab stops, move table borders and line up objects in a document.
(ii) SPELLING AND GRAMMAR: A feature in Word used to grammar and spelling related corrections in a document.
(b) DISADVANTAGES OF E-MAIL
- Used to spread viruses
- Used to spread alarm messages
- Used by fraudsters to dupe people
(c) STEPS TO OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM THE INTERNET
- Open a web browser.
- Enter the website address of a search engine in the address bar.
- Enter search keywords of the information you wish to find in the search bar of the search engine.
- Click on the link of the website from the search results that matches the information
you wish to find.
(d) RECTIFYING AN EXCEL FORMULA
All calculations in a worksheet need to begin with an equal sign (=). Therefore, to rectify this situation, Sena simply needs to type ‘=’ in front of his formula.
- Best Brain May 2022 ICT Mock Questions PDF – Sample Extracts
- 2020 BECE ICT Past Questions and Answers For 2022 Candidates
- BECE ICT Likely Questions & Answers For June 2022 (Best Brain)
- ICT Trial Questions and Answers For BECE Candidates- October 2022
- 20+ BDT Trial Questions For 2021 BECE Candidates
🎓Join BECE 2022 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE🔥✔️ Join Our WASSCE 2022 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to [email protected]