Fully Funded South Korean Government Scholarship
Applications are open by the South Korean Government for qualified applicants to apply for the Fully Funded South Korean Government Scholarship. The aim of the scholarship is to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Total Candidates to be Selected
170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin. and that:
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Applicants should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Applicants should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Airfare Actual cost
- Resettlement Allowance KRW 200,000
- Living Allowance Undergraduate:800,000 Graduate: 900,000
- Medical Insurance KRW 20,000 (per month)
- Language Courses KRW 800,000 per quarter
- Tuition Fees Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency KRW100,000
- Research Support KRW 210,000 -240,000 (per semester)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) KRW 500,000 – 800,000
- Completion Grant KRW 100,000(Once)
Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a former or current KGSP scholar who holds the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available Options in Universities
- Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
- Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
How to Apply
The applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned. The NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Visit the OFFICIAL Website for further information.
- Fully Funded Shanghai Government Scholarship For International Students 2020
- Turkish 2021 Government Scholarships (Fully-funded for International Students)
- South Korea 2020 Global Intern Program (Fully Funded)
- Fully-Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill 2020/21
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2020 Application (Fully Funded)
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org