Fully-funded Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarship in China
The Yenching Academy of Peking University aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies.
This initiative brings together young people who have demonstrated a talent for leadership and innovation. At Yenching, they are immersed in an intensive learning environment where they can explore China and its role in the world—past, present, and future. The Academy’s goal is to shape new generations of global citizens with a nuanced understanding of China.
The Yenching Academy provides full fellowships to its scholars and offers them a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within broadly defined fields of the humanities and social sciences.
Studying at the Academy is an exceptional opportunity to take part in intercultural exchanges and interdisciplinary learning, developing both personally and professionally.
International scholars will enroll in a Master’s programme studying at Yenching Academy. The scholarship includes tuition fees, round trip airfare to Beijing, accommodation, and living costs on the Peking University campus.
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2022;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in an interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
- Full tuition fees
- Round trip airfare to Beijing
- Accommodation, and
- Living costs on the Peking University campus.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores: IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0, TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100, Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185, CET 6: Overall 600, TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above.
Native English speakers and students or alumni of an English-taught degree program (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
English proficiency tests must be taken after September 1, 2020. Currently, we do not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores.
Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, we will only accept scores sent directly to us from these organizations. Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
The deadline for application for the Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarship in China is July 20, 2021
- Fully Funded Shanghai Government Scholarship For International Students 2020
- Fully-Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill 2020/21
- Turkish 2021 Government Scholarships (Fully-funded for International Students)
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation MSc 2020/2021 Scholarship For African Students
- University of East Anglia Full Fees Scholarships for International Students
In other to continue receiving more news and update from us, we encourage you to Subscribe to OUR PUSH NOTIFICATION or JOIN TELEGRAM PAGE below this post for more these updates.
Please kindly Link Back to This Page When You Take or Paraphrase an Article From This Site. We SHALL Take Legal Action If YOU Failed To Do So. Thanks
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org