GSS 2021 PHC: Some Vital Information For All Ghanaians – Population and Housing Census
On Sunday 13th June 2021, through to 20th June 2021, Census Officers will be visiting your residences and businesses.
This will be mostly characterized by writing on the walls of most structures mostly known as Structure Numbers (2021PHC/000/0000 – eg. 2021PHC/075/0004).
The purpose of this exercise is to aid in the counting of the number of structures within an Enumeration Area (mostly divided according to localities) and also to aid the Enumerator in identifying HOUSEHOLDS for Enumeration.
Some questions to be asked when an Enumerator visits you are:
1. The Address of the Structure:
– Name of Owner
– House Number
– Street Name
– Popular Name of House
2. Ghana Post Address of the structure and not the whole compound. So if you have 3 structures on one compound, each structure must have its own Ghana Post Address. NB: An Enumerator is not supposed to generate one for you hence it will be best if you can provide the GP Address yourself.
3. The structure uses i.e. what the structure is used for.
4. Whether the structure has a toilet facility or not.
5. The type of toilet facility. This refers particularly to where the feaces are contained when discharged and not the user interface such as WC. For this, the enumerator must be allowed to view for him or herself with clarification from you the respondent.
6. Number of toilet rooms available in the structure.
7. You’ll be asked if any household lives in this structure. A household should not be confused as a family. A household can refer to a group of people, related or unrelated, with A common living arrangement, eat from a common pot and recognise one person as the head. This should be explained better by the Enumerator.
8. You’ll also be asked if there are people who may Be sleeping outside and/or around the structure.
9. The name of the household head (as explained in 7 above)
10. Sex of the Household Head
11. The contact of the household head.
12. Number of persons in The household.
Please note it’s a Housing Census and the Population Census itself will start on 27th June 2021.
Kindly cooperate with Enumerators as they’re humans as you but on national assignment.
- Key Things to Note About the 2021 Population and Housing Census – Enumerators/Trainers
- Check How to Download Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) 2021 Population and Housing Census (PHC) Training Manuals
- NEW: How to Check and download the 2021 Population and Housing Census Shortlisted Applicant List – All Regions
- How to Easily Login to the Population and Housing Census LMS Portal 2021
- UCC Signs MoU with Primesec Limited
In other to continue receiving more news and update from us, we encourage you to Subscribe to OUR PUSH NOTIFICATION or JOIN TELEGRAM PAGE below this post for more these updates.
Please kindly Link Back to This Page When You Take or Paraphrase an Article From This Site. We SHALL Take Legal Action If YOU Failed To Do So. Thanks
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org