KNUST 2023 Admission Entry Requirements
KNUST 2023 Admission Entry Requirements: It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that application e-vouchers to Degree/Top-Up programmes of study at the University for the 2023/2024 Academic Year are now on sale.
Table of Contents
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (UNDERGRADUATE )
Minimum/General Entry Requirements: It is worth noting that the THREE CORE SUBJECTS are prerequisites for all Programmes of study at our University.
An applicant for admission to a degree Programme in the University must have credited in the THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science), and CREDITS in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects or its equivalent relevant to the chosen Programme with aggregate 24 or better (WASSCE: A1- C6/SSSCE A-D) D7, E8 & F9 ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ADMISSION PURPOSES.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (GBCE)
Applicants must have passed in THREE Compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in THREE Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
GCE/IGCSE (CAMBRIDGE) ‘A’ & ‘O’LEVELS/MATURE APPLICANTS
Applicants must have FIVE credits at the GCE/IGCSE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics (or its approved equivalent), plus passes in at least THREE (3) subjects at the Advanced Level/Three Credits in the case of mature applicants. In addition, the applicant must fulfill the appropriate Faculty or Departmental requirements.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE)
Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects plus THREE (3) Optional Subjects relevant to the Programme of study
See the Full Admission Requirments for Undergraduates here
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (POSTGRADUATE )
At the time of application, applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized Institution in the relevant field of study. Preference will be given to applicants with a FIRST CLASS OR SECOND CLASS DIVISION
Candidates applying for Doctor of Philosophy degree must have an MPhil degree or its equivalent from a recognized Institution and
shall submit evidence of adequate training and ability to undertake the proposed programme.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
Unless otherwise stated,
- Masters Programmes (Full-Time) are of Two (2) Calendar Years and (Part-Time) Three (3) Calendar Years duration.
- PhD Programmes (Full-Time) are of Four (4) Calendar Years and (Part-Time) are of Five (5) Calendar Years duration
See the Full Admission Requirments for Postgraduates here
- General Admission Requirements for CKT-UTAS (Formally UDS Navrongo Campus)
- KNUST Admission Form-2023/2024, How to Buy & Where to Buy
- Universities Offering Engineering Courses In Ghana
- Bolgatanga Polytechnical University Cut Off Point for the 2023/2024 Academic Year
- Entry Requirements for Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes (3 years) At Accra Technical University (ATU)