KNUST PhD, MPhil, and MSc Programmes in Engineering For the 2023/2024
KNUST Engineering Education Project (KEEP) | World Bank Africa Centres of Excellence Project
Please kindly Share this Article on WhatsApp, Facebook and other Social Media Platform Using the Button Below. Thanks For Sharing🙏
The College of Engineering of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has received funding from the Government of Ghana for the Development Impact Project as part of the World Bank Africa Centres of Excellence (ACE). Within this project, the College seeks to deliver high-quality postgraduate courses and conduct and disseminate applied research that addresses development challenges related to industrialisation, digital development (ICT), energy systems, renewable energy, manufacturing, exploration, and development of the oil and gas industry.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into taught and research Master’s and higher degree programmes at the College of Engineering.
The limited scholarship opportunity includes funding for PhD and MPhil positions in the below-mentioned laboratories. Students who are accepted into these positions will have the opportunity to engage in research activities in the following laboratories:
- Power Systems Laboratory.
- Renewable Energy Laboratory (RE Lab)
- DIPPER Laboratory (Blockchain)
- Responsible Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (RAIL)
- Internet Of Things Laboratory (IoT Lab)
- Radio Frequency and Microwave Laboratory
- Cyber Security Laboratory
- Sensors and Sensing Systems Lab
- Computational Intelligence Lab
Table of Contents
PhD Programme Fellowships
The College, through the School of Graduate Studies, KNUST, is pleased to announce the availability of limited partial funding to pursue 3-year full-time programmes in the following:
- PhD Computer Engineering
- PhD Telecommunications Engineering
- PhD Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Sustainable Energy Technologies
- PhD Bioengineering
- PhD Materials Engineering
There are Two (2) PhD positions for students who will specifically research Manufacturing and Design under the Mechanical Engineering Programme.
Master’s Programme (MSc/MPhil) Fellowships
The College of Engineering is pleased to announce that limited Full and partially-funded scholarships are available for applicants from Ghana and West African Countries to pursue 18 months full-time MSc programme or 24 months MPhil in the following specialisations:
- MPhil Computer Engineering
- MPhil Materials Engineering
- MPhil Power Systems Engineering
- MPhil Chemical Engineering
- MPhil Renewable Energy Technologies
- MPhil Telecommunications Engineering
- MPhil Mechanical Engineering
- MPhil Bioengineering
- MSc Renewable Energy Technologies
In conformity with the entry requirement of the School of Graduate Studies, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate should have a minimum of:
- First or Second Class (Upper Division) in the first degree
- For PhD applicants, a Good Master’s degree with an average of at least 60%. Please refer to (the POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BROCHURE) for specific requirements related to the programme being applied for.
- Enthusiasm for leading-edge research, team spirit, and capability of independent problem-solving.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written);
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- The age limit is 40 years
Interested candidates should visit via (HERE) to apply with the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Official Academic transcript
- Two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level) for PhD applicants
- Copy of prior publications (if any)
- Completed application form with Two passport photographs
- Certificates for BSc and MSc degrees
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to this funding opportunity.
Candidates interested in the KEEP Scholarship should visit this (LINK) to apply.
Kindly note that you must apply for KNUST admissions before applying for this scholarship.
Completing KNUST Application Form
- Ghanaian Students: Purchase the e-voucher based on information provided at Admission Portal and complete the relevant application documents
- International students: Access the KNUST application form via Admission Portal and complete the application form and attach all relevant documents
- Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit signed copies (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with all relevant documents, including Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and Transcript to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview in Kumasi OR via telephone/Zoom. The date of the interview will be communicated after shortlisting.
Deadline For Application
Deadline: Saturday, 30th September 2023.
Contact: All inquiries should be sent via email to [email protected]
- KNUST Admission Form For Limited Partial Funding Research or Higher Degree Programmes 2022/2023
- Courses Offered At UENR With Their Cut-Off Points – 2022/2023
- University Of Energy And Natural Resource ( UENR )
- MSc in Health and International Development scholarships
- Central University of Technology CUT Courses Offered
🎓Join BECE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
🔥✔️ Join Our WASSCE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to [email protected]