How to apply for accommodation:
The process when applying for on-campus residence:
- Applicants must first be accepted by the faculty before they can be considered for on-campus residences.
- The closing date for applying to the university is the end of September each year.
- Receipt of your application for on-campus residence will be acknowledged but this does not guarantee a space in the residence.
- All first year students are expected to share rooms.
- Applicants are grouped and selected within the same faculty so that common academic interests are shared and opportunities to learn from each other are created.
- Nelson Mandela University accepts no responsibility for a student’s personal property. Please ensure that you are insured against such eventualities.
- Priority will be given to applicants with high Admission Point Scores (APS). In the case of a number of applicants having the same APS, the Quintile 1, 2 & 3 schools (no-fee schools) you come from will determine the applicant’s selection.
- Priority will be given to applicants living outside the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality (NMBM) for Port Elizabeth campuses and outside the George Municipality for George Campus.
- Final acceptance into on-campus residence, for first years will depend on your final examination results.
- Students are advised to come to residence only if they have received a sms clearly specifying the date of arrival.
- Applicants who are not accepted due to on-campus residences being full, will be placed in our accredited off-campus residences.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum admission requirements for a selected programme but do meet the criteria for testing and are referred to CAAR for assessment/testing, must take serious note of the following:
- The applicant must make an early appointment to write the CAAR tests by contacting the CAAR office before the end of September to be considered for on-campus residences.
- Applicants who write the test, receive their CAAR results and are accepted into the programme after the above-mentioned closing date, may be referred to our accredited off-campus residences
- Applicants are advised not to make any payments to the residences until advised to do so via a communique from the Residence Admission and Placement Office.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Nelson Mandela University Admission Requirements
- Nelson Mandela University Application 2020
- Walter Sisulu University WSU
- University of Venda Online Application Univen
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured Our Site? Send it to email@example.com