UEW: Application For Tri-Continental Teacher Education Fellowship Programme
Tri-continental Teacher Training (TTT) is an exchange programme among three Universities: University of Education, Winneba, Ghana, University of Hamburg, Germany, and University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, USA.
The purpose of TTT is to foster the professional development of budding teachers/teacher educators and offer them international exposure through collaboration and partnerships.
The participants of the programme will navigate new linguistic and cultural spaces and education systems, which will offer them opportunities to be better prepared to deal with uncertainty. The programme capitalizes on those experiences as a basis for reflection and learning.
The programme is open to all graduate students of the University of Education, Winneba, pursuing programmes in Education. Specific eligibility includes:
- Must be a postgraduate student pursuing a regular programme in Education at any of the campuses of UEW.
- Must have completed the first year of the programme by September 17, 2021.
- Must show an interest in international friendships and collaborations
- Must have good academic records
- Should be committed to being a worthy ambassador for UEW at the international level.
About the Programme
The project will enable participants to experience education in intercultural contexts. By exposing future educators to other cultures and encouraging them to reflect on their own experiences and perceptions, it aims to boost professionalism in teacher training studies.
Specifically, participants get to observe, analyze, and discuss lessons, educational systems, and didactic methods in Ghana, Germany, and North Carolina. These experiences are intended to help them prepare for their work in diverse classrooms.
The project will give participants an opportunity to reflect on their preconceptions about other educational systems and expand their knowledge and skills. They will explore topics and challenges they are likely to encounter in their future career. Participants will also hone their academic skills by participating in a group-based research project.
Successful applicants will be paired with German partners (buddies) with whom they will collaborate on mini-projects. They will also participate in Seminars (September 2021 – April 2022) in preparation for hosting partners from Germany who will spend 4 weeks at UEW in February 2022.
Following this, Ghanaian students in the programme may travel to Hamburg, Germany in the summer of 2021, to parcipate in a cross-cultural exchange programme.
To read more about the Tri-Continental Teacher Training programme, visit: https://www.ew.uni-hamburg.de/en/internationales/projekte/ttt.html
- Interested graduate students should fill an application form online via this link: https://forms.gle/WowbaTW1XiCYTzWc8
- In addition, applicants are to submit the following as an email attachment to email@example.com
- A letter of motivation describing your personal ambitions, how this programme will be helpful, and what you hope to contribute to the programme (Maximum 500words)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Evidence of Academic excellence (Transcripts preferred – undergraduate transcript will be accepted if postgraduate ones are not readily available)
- Contact of two referees ( Should be Senior Members in your department who can testify and vouch for your commitment)
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed before the final selection is done.
The Application Deadline for the UEW Tri-Continental Teacher Education Fellowship Programme is 30th July 2021.
- Scholarships at the University of Hamburg in Germany 2020
- Apply for Ghana Tech Lab Lockdown Online Training Program
- DAAD Master Studies Scholarships for All Academic Disciplines in Germany
- UEW Vice-Chancellor’s Welcome Message to Students
- University of Education, Winneba ( UEW )
In other to continue receiving more news and update from us, we encourage you to Subscribe to OUR PUSH NOTIFICATION or JOIN TELEGRAM PAGE below this post for more these updates.
Please kindly Link Back to This Page When You Take or Paraphrase an Article From This Site. We SHALL Take Legal Action If YOU Failed To Do So. Thanks
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org