University of Zululand (UniZulu)
Located in Northern KwaZulu-Natal, the University of Zululand (UniZulu) has established its place as a reputable contributor to South African higher education. The beginning of its developments can be traced to the mid 20th Century. UniZulu offers students tertiary qualifications in undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. The institution also offers diplomas and higher certificates to its students.
Please kindly Share this Article on WhatsApp, Facebook and other Social Media Platform Using the Button Below. Thanks For Sharing🙏
The University College of Zululand is established as a constituent college academically affiliated to the University of South Africa. The first intake of 41 students includes five females. Professor PAW Cook is appointed as the first Rector. From humble beginnings, the institution has dramatically evolved to a fully-fledged university, equal to any of the centres of higher learning in South Africa.
The Research and Innovation section at the University of Zululand provides access to UNIZULU research policies, grant application forms and guidelines, research-related news and other research related matters.The Research and Innovation Office is responsible for ensuring that UNIZULU’s research and innovation endeavours are properly administered. It provides institutional planning, development, funding and general support services to the UNIZULU’s research community.
In particular, the Office aims to:
- Provide a suitable environment for conducting research;
- Promote research and research excellence;
- Improve research capacity among staff and postgraduate students;
- Facilitate and administer research funding applications;
- Monitor compliance with policies with a view to maintaining highest quality and ethical standards;
- Promote a quality educational experience for postgraduate students; and
- Assist in commercialising the products of research where appropriate.
- Establish and promote the scholarship of engagement, Ethical engagement to underpin social justice principles
Table of Contents
Courses Offered At Unizulu
The university offers a wide variety of under- and post-graduate qualifications that fit into the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce, Administration and Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Science and Agriculture
Click here for the Post Doctoral Application Form.
The purpose of our postgraduate studies support is to:
- Coordinate, extend and enhance the postgraduate support systems.
- Assist the University in attracting, training and producing quality
- Increase the number of postgraduate students (Honours, Masters
and Doctoral students).
Academic Staff Development
- Capacity development is aimed at ensuring that academic staff have the
- necessary support, skills and qualifications so that they are able to produce
- research and postgraduates of sound quality.
The University assists staff who are in their final year of Master’s and Doctoral degree studies with funds to free up their time, for improving supervisor contact and for editing and other write-up expenses.
The University provides funds for obtaining training to attain or improve skills in the form of attendance at seminars, workshops, forums etc.
The Research Office is responsible for cultivating a research culture by developing emerging and established researchers through facilitating access to research funding and recording information on research publications for submission to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) for subsidy.
Postdoctoral Fellowships and Research Fellows
The purpose of this initiative is to develop and implement a postdoctoral programme that will attract quality Postdoctoral Fellows and potential staff members to the university. Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are normally awarded to individuals within five years of having achieved a doctoral degree. The purpose of the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is to provide an opportunity for experiential learning in research, which may serve as a path for further academic and professional development.
How to Apply
Step 1: Get your application form.
- Online Application:
Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants will need to apply online through the Central Applications Office (CAO).
- Hardcopy Application:
This option is only available to postgraduate applicants.
Please note: Postgraduate applicants will need to complete and submit both the ADM01 and the PGRD2 forms. Returning students who wish to change their academic programme need to complete and submit the ADM02 form.
You can post your form to the following address:
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
*Remember you’ll need an email address.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form. This is part of the application process.
Click here for the Post Doctoral Application Form.
Application Closing Dates:
30 August 2019 (Social Work)
30 September 2019 (Nursing Science)
31 October 2019 (all other programmes)
- R220 (SA citizens)
- R275 (International applicants)
- R440 (SA late applications)
- R550 (International late applications)
Please liaise with the Admissions Office for any queries related to Admissions and Registration and Finance Office for queries pertaining to fees and bursaries.
Admissions Office – KwaDlangezwa Campus
Please use the following email for all admissions enquiries: [email protected]Or [email protected]; [email protected][email protected]; [email protected][email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- University of Stellenbosch (SUN)
- Durban University of Technology DUT
- Victoria University 2021 International Research Scholarships
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology Application
🎓Join BECE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
🔥✔️ Join Our WASSCE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Follow Us on Facebook ,Twitter and Instagram for More Updates!
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to [email protected]