Sample of English MOCK Examination Questions For 2023 BECE Students -Objectives
As you prepare to sit for the 2023 BECE examination, it’s always advisable to get your hands on some of the sample questions. This will help you to be able to prepare well for the examination. In our previous articles, we have given out some past questions for the 2023 BECE students.
Please kindly Share this Article on WhatsApp, Facebook and other Social Media Platform Using the Button Below. Thanks For Sharing🙏
We also gave you tips on how to easily learn and pass the 2023 BECE WAEC examination. So in today’s discussion, we are giving out some Samples of the English MOCK Examination Questions For the 2023 BECE WAEC Examination.
We have decided not to give answers to the questions so you can try your hands on them. Let us know in the comment below if you need further help on any of the questions below and we shall come to your aid.
You can answer them and place your answers in the comment box for review and correction. Doing so will help boost your confidence and understanding of the questions. Good luck.
LEXIS AND STRUCTURE
From the alternatives lettered A to D, choose the one which most suitably completes each sentence.
1. …………, my parents will attend my wedding ceremony.
2. All latecomers but Jethro………sent home.
B. has been
3. Kwame and Delali………………….. attended the party before the incident.
D. have been
4. When the newly admitted students were being introduced, the seniors……….….a lot of noise.
5. …………their poor performance in office, Ghanaians still voted for the ruling party.
A. But for
B. In spite of
C. Instead of
D. Just for
6. The bank Amanda ………from is bankrupt.
7. You arrived at the wedding late …?
A. didn’t she
B. isn’t it
C. didn’t it
D. wasn’t she
8. We agreed not to attend that church anymore, …?
A. didn’t we
B. did we
C. don’t we
D. do we
9. The headmaster asked me if I ………..going home.
B. have been
10. But for the timely intervention of the fire service, most of the houses………destroyed.
A. will be
B. would be
C. would have
D. would have been
11. Is this your……………shoe you spoke about?
A. brown expensive leather
B. brown leather expensive
C. expensive brown leather
D. leather expensive brown
12. Most of the supporters enjoyed………….at the ceremony.
13. Mrs. Akpaloo went and………Dr. Grant.
14. He acts………………in public.
15. We thought she………..inform us on time.
Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D, the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in each sentence
16. The crowd was momentarily dazzled by the lightning.
17. We need to cut back the workforce of the company.
18. Some of the girls had the effrontery to question the headmaster.
19. The new headmaster was unable to figure out how to tackle the problems.
20. The ridiculing was so intense that he angrily left the stage.
C. praise singing
In each of the following sentences, a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D, the one that best explains the underlined group of words.
21. Some of my friends were driven wild after this term’s classification. This means they were…..
A. very excited
B. very wild
C. were caned by the head
D. worried with their new class
22. These armed robbers were gunned down by the police patrol team. This means the robbers were
A. killed deliberately
C. kept away
D. caught unexpectedly
23. Having been at loggerheads for more than a year, the two men decided to bury the hatchet. This
A. decided to bury their friendship together
B. decided to make peace
C. ended up in a cemetery
D. finally found their match
24. My uncle had a bone to pick with us for failing to greet him. This means……..
A. he accepted our apology
B. he got very angry with us
C. we greeted him with a bone
D. we picked the bone together
25. It is unacceptable to run her down the way you did. This means it is not good…….
A. to gossip about her
B. to pull her down
C. to run with her down a hill
D. to speak badly about
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word in each sentence.
26. At the recent interview with the journalist, I was amazed at his composure.
27. The wailing intensified as the body of the late Komla Dumor was lowered into the grave.
D. went on
28. It has been alleged that she bribed the eminent judges.
29. His distinguished career should be acknowledged by all.
30. Ben Dotse Malor is passionate about his new role in John Mahama’s government.
- English Language Objectives Trial Questions & Answers For 2021 Candidates
- French Language Questions For BECE 2023 Candidates
- 30 + Likely BECE English Language Essay Questions For August 2023 Candidates
- Must Read! New Changes to BECE Questions For 2023 Candidates
- CEPME Limited Second Mock Integrated Science Questions – PDF
🎓Join BECE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
🔥✔️ Join Our WASSCE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to [email protected]