Likely Integrated Science BECE Examination Questions & Answers – Objectives
Likely Integrated Science BECE Examination Questions & Answers – Objectives:
Please kindly Share this Article on WhatsApp, Facebook and other Social Media Platform Using the Button Below. Thanks For Sharing🙏
Earlier this month, the management of the Ghana Education Service released the registration date for the 2023 BECE school candidates and the timeline for the key activities for the examination.
This means all candidates who want to pass well in the 2023 BECE examination should take their studies seriously following the release of the dates.
If You don’t have enough time to read your study guide or look through your hands out, but your exam date is about to come, then you need to check out ExamLabs resources.
Learning at the earlier stage will get you well-prepared and ready for success in your coming 2023 BECE WAEC examination.
In today’s article, we are here to give you some of the likely examination questions for the 2022 BECE Integrated Science. So if you are here, Make sure to go through all the questions.
These questions come with their answers. They can serve as a guide for you during your studies. But please note, the below questions are not leakage questions, they are the past questions that are being compiled and shared with you to help you have a feel for how the BECE examination is set.
1. Plants are different from animals because they
A. have protoplasm B. have chlorophyll C. are able to respire D. are able to reproduce sexually
Answer: B. have chlorophyll
2. Which of the following conditions is not required for current to flow through an electric circuit?
A. The circuit should be closed B. A battery must be present C. There must be connecting wires D. A bulb must be connected to the circuit.
Answer: D. A bulb must be connected to the circuit
3. Which of the following examples is a source of energy?
A. Electricity B. Heat C. Light D. Wood
Answer: D. Wood
4. Heat is transferred from the bottom of the water in a container to the top by
A. conduction B. convection C. radiation D. conduction and radiation
Answer: B. convection
5. A mercury thermometer works on the principle that
A. solids expand on heating and contract on cooling B. liquids expand on heating and contract on cooling C. gases expand on heating and contract on cooling D. liquids evaporate when heated to a certain temperature.
Answer: B. liquids expand on heating and contract on cooling
6. In which of the positions Q, R, S, T in the diagram below will a body have the greatest potential energy?
A. Q B. R C. S D. T
Answer: B. R
7. A solar cell produces electrical energy from
A. electromagnets B. heat C. light D. sound
Answer: C. light
8. In a third-class lever the
A. pivot is between the load and effort B. pivot is absent C. load is between the effort and pivot
D. effort is between the load and pivot.
Answer: D. effort is between the load and pivot.
9. At which positions S, R, Q, and P on the lever in the diagram below must a force be applied to lift the load most easily?
A. P B. Q C. R D. S
Answer: A. P
10. Which of the following machines works on the same principle as an inclined plane?
A. Bottle opener B. Wheelbarrow C. See-saw D. Screw
Answer: B. Wheelbarrow
11. Power is defined as the
A. ability to do work
B. force to move an object
C. rate of doing work
D. ability to replace energy used
Answer: C. rate of doing work
12. Which of the following food substances is not involved in respiration?
A. Amino acids B. Fatty acids C. Glucose D. Vitamins
Answer: D. Vitamins
13. Which of the following organisms is at the beginning of a food chain?
A. Fish B. Grass C. Locust D. Mosquito
Answer: B. Grass
14. The human male sex cell that takes part in reproduction is the?
A. penis B. scrotum C. sperm D. testis
Answer: C. sperm
15. The removal of waste products from the cells of organisms is called?
A. assimilation B. circulation C. exhalation D. excretion
Answer: D. excretion
16. The central nervous system consists of the?
A. spinal cord and spine
B. brain and the nerves
C. brain and the spinal cord
D. skeletal system and skull
Answer: C. brain and the spinal cord
17. Which of the following life processes is not performed by all living things?
A. Excretion B. Photosynthesis C. Reproduction D. Respiration
Answer: B. Photosynthesis
18. All veins in the body carry blood that does not contain oxygen with the exception of the veins from the?
A. heart B. kidneys C. lungs D. liver
Answer: C. lungs
19. The method of purification of water containing very little impurities is
A. boiling B. chlorination C. distillation D. filtration
Answer: C. distillation
20. Boiling and chlorination are used in water purification to
A. kill germs
B. help suspended particles to settle
C. remove suspended particles
D. remove the hardness of the water
Answer: kill germs
21. The chemical symbol C is the symbol for
A. calcium B. chlorine C. carbon D. sodium
Answer: C. carbon
22. A substance that is made up of the same kind of atoms is called
A. a compound B. a mixture C. an element D. an ion
Answer: C. an element
23. Which of the following processes results in the formation of new substances?
A. Heating camphor
B. Cooling water to form ice
C. Adding saliva to cooked yam
D. Mixing iron dust and sand together
Answer: Adding saliva to cooked yam
24. When elements combine to form a compound the
A. Constituents can be separated by a physical process
B. Volume of the compound is the sum of the volumes of the constituents
C. Reaction does not involve a heat change
D. Reaction can be represented by a chemical formula
Answer: Reaction can be represented by a chemical formula
25. Which of the following organisms is likely to increase the oxygen content of the water in a pond?
A. Fish B. Tadpole C. Mosquito larva D. Waterlily
Answer: D. Waterlily
26. Which of the following parasites is a plant?
A. Bilharzia B. Dodder C. Lice D. Tapeworm
Answer: B. Dodder
27. The part of the soil that is most important for the growth of plants is
A. clay B. humus C. sand D. silt
Answer: B. humus
28. Which of the following diseases may be associated with water?
A. chickenpox B. cholera C. smallpox D. tetanus
Answer: B. cholera
29. The mosquito and housefly are harmful in that they
A. Suck blood B.bite and cause pain C.settle on food D.Spread Diseases
Answer: D.Spread diseases
30. Which of the following diseases affects the central nervous system?
A. Cerebro Spinal Meningitis(CSM) B.Poliomyelitis C. Measles D.Yellow Fever
Answer: A. Cerebro Spinal Meningitis(CSM)
31. Day and night occur because the earth
A. Moves around the sun B. Moves from east to west C. Moves around the moon D. Rotates on its axis
Answer: D. Rotates on its axis
32. Bronze is an alloy of
A. Iron and Carbon B. Zinc and copper C. iron and zinc D. copper and tin
Answer: Copper and Tin
33. Which of the following substances causes acid rain when released into the atmosphere?
A. Carbon dioxide B. Water vapour C. Sulphur dioxide D. cement dust
Answer: C. Sulphur dioxide
34. Which of the following gases helps in rusting?
A. Carbon dioxide B. Hydrogen C. Oxygen D. Nitrogen
Answer: C. Oxygen
35. The force of attraction between molecules of different substances is called
A. adhesion B. cohesion C. tension D. viscosity
Answer: A. adhesion
36. A metal block has a mass of 0.1kg. Calculate its volume if the density is 1.0 kgm-3.
A. 0.01 m3 B. 0.10 m3 C. 1.00 m3 D. 10.00 m3
Answer: B. 0.10 m3
37. The food manufactured by a plant is distributed to all parts of the plant through the
A. chlorophyll B. phloem C. stomata D.xylem
Answer: B. phloem
38. Which of the following gases supports combustion?
C. Carbon dioxide
D. Carbon monoxide
Answer: B. Oxygen
39. Oxygen is made available to all cells of the human body by the
A. plasma B. platelets C. white blood cells D. red blood cells
Answer: D. red blood cells
40. The force which pulls all objects towards the centre of the earth is the
A. frictional force B. electrostatic force C. gravitational force D. rotational force.
Answer: C. gravitational force
Please as said earlier, the above questions are there to guide you in your studies. Do well and solve them by yourself before consulting the answers. Doing so will help you self-test your preparation for the 2023 BECE examination.
Join Our BECE WHATSAPP Group For Quick Updates. Please Only Join this Group if you’re Interested in Receiving BECE Updates from Us. You can also subscribe to the Push notification to be the first to receive new updates.
- Sample of Integrated Science MOCK Examination Questions For 2023 BECE Candidates-Objectives
- (Solved) Chemistry Trial Objective Questions & Answers For 2023 WASSCE Candidates
- Sample of Integrated Science 1 & 2 Virtual Mock Examination For 2023 BECE Candidates
- Five (5) Selected Integrated Science Trial Questions For 2023 BECE Candidates
- BECE RME Questions & Answers PDF Download
🎓Join BECE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
🔥✔️ Join Our WASSCE 2023 Preparation WhatsApp Group👉 JOIN HERE
Thanks For Reading! Please share this post with your Family and Friends for them to also benefit.
Have an Article you want to be Featured on Our Site? Send it to [email protected]